Borough of Bergenfield Resolution No. 18-247, passed September 4, 2018Â [Offered by Councilperson Rivera; Seconded by Councilperson Deauna]
Whereas, the Borough of Bergenfield’s mission is to improve the quality of life for all citizens by providing professional leadership and excellent service by creating an environment that fosters a partnership between its governance, residents, local businesses, and schools in order to provide its citizens affordable and responsive services in an efficient and fiscally responsible manner; and
Whereas, the Borough will enhance accessibility in its local governance to ensure that all its citizens have the opportunity to contribute and be a part of the Bergenfield community while maintaining its historical sense of being “The Friendly Town”; and
Whereas, the Borough of Bergenfield is dedicated to:
- Providing a safe, healthy, welcoming environment where citizens of diverse backgrounds choose to live.
- Exceeding citizen satisfaction by providing high quality services by establishing a positive work environment.
- Promoting economic vitality and strategic positioning for the future.
- Supporting planned growth by influencing decisions that impact the Borough.
- Ensuring that all new development will complement our desired quality of life and will be an asset to the community.
- Maintaining a secure environment for all citizens residing and visiting the Borough by providing a well-trained police force.
- Establishing a working relationship with local merchants to ensure that business development is mutually beneficial to the business interests and the quality of life within the Borough of Bergenfield.
- Building an inclusive community with opportunities for all.
- Working with our neighboring municipalities to ensure that local area growth is compatible with our objectives.
- Continuing to encourage, foster, and develop a strong volunteer base to support the many organizations within the Borough of Bergenfield; and
Whereas, the Borough of Bergenfield’s vision is to be a prestigious, steadfast community that will meet the needs of its citizens through the efforts of its local government and civic minded volunteers. The Borough will ensure a continued high quality of life by providing safe and secure neighborhoods in a well-balanced and progressive community representing family values, and diversity. Known as “Friendly Town”, Bergenfield will be a community where the people will be proud to call home; and
Whereas, the core values representing the beliefs and behaviors by which all members of the Borough of Bergenfield shall conduct themselves by providing a common basis for making and evaluating all decisions and actions. They are represented as follows:
- Accountability: to promote openness and transparency in our operations while ensuring that we are responsible for our actions at all times.
- Fiscal Responsibility: to serve as trusted stewards of the public’s financial resources so that future generations can benefit from the environmental, social conservation so that current and future generations can enjoy the quality of life they deserve.
- Honesty and Integrity: to conduct ourselves in a manner that depicts the highest degree integrity and professionalism.
- Innovation: to collectively develop creative solutions and share best practices to enhance the value of services provided by our staff.
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, by the Borough of Bergenfield, County of Bergen and State of New Jersey that the Borough’s Mission Statement as reflected herein be and is hereby approved; and
BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that the Borough Clerk be and she is hereby authorized and directed to post a copy of this Mission Statement on the Borough’s website and at the Borough Hall offices.